Getting Married in South Carolina
Here are some important notes about getting married in South Carolina.
- To get a South Carolina Marriage License, you must be between the ages of 16 and 18 with a guardian signing for you.
- You must have a South Carolina marriage license to be married in South Carolina. No exceptions.
- No Blood Tests are required.
- You must have your passport or photo ID and social security card with you when you pick up your license.
- The fee is $45.00 cash only and there is a 24 business hour waiting period required at the courthouse.
- Special Note for Divorcees: South Carolina requires a copy of your divorce decree when you pick up a new license. This is especially important to women that have legally changed back to their maiden name. Make sure you take this paperwork with you when you pick up the license.
- You may fax your information to the Court House in Aiken only to begin the 24 hour waiting period, however, both parties must be there to sign for the license and produce the required ID to pick them up. There is a cash payment of $45 required when you pick up the license. Click License Application. Print the form on your printer. Both the groom and bride must sign and date the form. Fax the completed form to the number provided.
- We offer remote wedding officiants in South Carolina and Georgia. Call for pricing.